Stay connected!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

THE MAKEUP ARTIST THAT NEVER GROWS

I decided to Google my name.  I've done it before so it wasn't a big deal, nor did I expect to find something that I had never seen before. Well, that is just the opposite.  

I saw title to a post that was unfamiliar to me and without hesitation selected it first.  It's a post by Jonathan Chick of Clarus Photography.  Immediately upon viewing the post my heart starting beating really fast.  I wanted to email him and ask, "Sir, can you Pleeeeeease remove this post?" In my mind, it does represent the best level of my work so I started to feel less-pleased with myself.

As I looked at the post, it hit me that, "it's ok!" It's okay because it represents the growth that I have elevated to over the years.  

Thankful for growth.

As a human.

As an artist.

As a woman.

As a creative being.

Thankful for growth! 

1 comment:

BessieAkuba said...

Amen to that. It's all about perspective. I am the same way with my photography when I see my really old work. Like you said its all about our growth and seeing how far we have come.