Stay connected!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happily Nappy & Bald

Hello Beauties...

I wanted to share with you a journal of photos exploring my hair up until I did THE BIG CHOP.  Yes, I rock a fade and I love it.  

In May 2010 I decided that I was ready to do it.  This is my SECOND round with being "happily nappy".  I have NO REASON why I returned to a relaxer but by no means do I regret the comback.  Here's a look at my hair over the past few years.



RELAXED HAIR

(circa 2007 - mid 2008)

        



(circa late 2008)




(circa early 2009)



(July 2009)

I'm wearing a QUICKWEAVE that took me all day... no reason why!!!



 Wiggin' it...

                            




              

 January 2010

At this point I've made the decision to go natural...


March/April 2010
Flat iron straightening...no RELAXER at this point


April 2010

Flat iron straightening



THE BIG CHOP
MAY 2010
As you can see...
I still had some relaxed hair on the ends.
I wore my hair like this until mid July 2010.


Beautifully Bald...
July 14, 2010


1st hair cut
Was I scared...chile' boo!
That's what wigs are for!
Shout out to my barber Reggie @ Smooth Cuts in Waycross, GA
It gets easier every time I go.

Aug. 2010
Aug. 2010

Nov. 2010


I honestly was not sure how I would feel, or even if I would like my hair.  I was very apprehensive about it, but my thoughts have always been, "it's hair...it will grow back".  Oh boy was I wrong in my thinking to doubt my feelings.  Hearing the thoughts of other people, about "your hair" was a reason I held on to it.  I'm now proud to say that I LOVE MY HAIR!

Will I ever grow it back?
Maybe... you'll just have to wait and see!

































8 comments:

Foxy Brown said...

i love it!!!! you make me wanna cut mine off (again!). you rock it well. :D

The Image Creator said...

Love it! I wear a mohawk now. I should blog about all my hair transitions. LOL. I just colored my mohawk today. I've been wearing super short hair for 12 years and I haven't really gotten into wigs. I'm thinking I will start though, just to switch up my look for photo shoots every now and then. I loved this though. Thumbs up!

Kerissa said...

You look beautiful my fellow natural haired sister! One thing my barber (shoutout to Uro) taught me during my time in, his chair tightening up my brush cut is that confidence is a woman's best accessory so regardless of the hair style be your best you & wwwwweeeerrrkk it! I blogged about my decision here: http://adivamomsjourney.blogspot.com/2010/04/not-so-hard-to-say-goodbye-to-hair.html

Talking with Tami said...

You look adorable with short hair! I love that pic the most! xoxo

Unknown said...

Well you look great! A lot of women can't wear this cut, so you defintely would have to be confident with the woman you are. So hats off to yaaaaa!

Unknown said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! I actually will be going today to get mine cut. Do u have any tips and or words of encouragement?

Anonymous said...

I never knew you had such beautiful eyes...When your taking pics put those glasses on the side...They're hiding so much beauty...Your fade is absolutely banging..

RevealingBeaute said...

Thanks for the comments ladies!