Stay connected!

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Makeup Show {How I Made It}

Hello Beauties!

By now you all know that I had the most awesome time in NY at The Makeup Show.  I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to attend.  It was definitely life changing experience.  I am most appreciative to everyone that allowed me to be me. Those who embraced my ability to be transparent.  Those who tapped into my ability to Reveal True Beauty. 

In January of this year, I decided I wanted to go and that I would attend as Press.  It's true: when you write your vision and desires, apply faith and action *MUCH ACTION*, THEY COME ALIVE!

I have a special THANK YOU for my sister-friend 
SanTara (@TheGorgeousBlog)
SanTara and I
  


I was sharing with SanTara some ideas I had about financing my trip.  In the middle of the convo she said, "NO, you won't be doing that!" I immediately understood her reasoning, stuck a knife in my flesh and LISTENED to what she had to say.  My ideas were not bad, but they just weren't beneficial for what I needed.   She encouraged me to do a sponsorship for my trip and I DID!  I grabbed my notebook and began writing.  I listed my passions and desires.  I wrote down why I'm a Makeup Artist and my goals.  I took that list and allowed it to shift my belief about what I wanted to a different place.

I wrote down my expenses.  Everything that it would take for me to get to NY, I wrote it.  I left nothing out.  I prayed and asked for guidance.  It was somewhat difficult for me because I'm never the one asking for anything...I'm always the giving.  With a background in Administration, it's sometimes hard to flow with the waves.  My organization skills sometimes get in the way.  I now had to not allow "how I like things done" to get in the way of my blessings.

I wrote my letter.  I gave it to everyone who knew of my passions and business ventures...and some who didn't.  Within just a few days of the letter going out, I had people committing to donate.  People that I "thought" wouldn't donate, DID.  What I had prayed about and believed would happen, began to manifest.  My first sponsor wrote me a check for $75.00.  From that moment on, I KNEW that I would make it to NY.  

There were moments of uncertainty.  Moments where I had to re-access my faith.  I had to keep my focus and original desires before me at all times.  Today, as I look back over the journey I recognize just how easy it all was.  It's very simple: when you ask and believe, you will receive!

Here is my original Sponsorship Request Letter and Form:





6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm blessed to have walked this out with you :) Nothing is impossible! Pray & Believe

MsStace2U said...

Very very proud of you!!!

Leslie said...

Thank you for sharing this :-)

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM said...

Awesome I'm so glad you made it!!

Anonymous said...

WOW. So awesome!!!! The letter is very professional yet connects to the heart. I am so glad that people saw your passion and helped you out.

RevealingBeaute said...

Thanks Trudy! I'm a blessed girl and I know why. I have people in my corner to support me and for that I'm grateful.