Stay connected!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Makeup Show {My moment with Jennifer James}

...The moment you physically connect with your mentor...




It was Sunday morning.  I walked into the pavilion with great expectation.  Saturday had gone extremely well (Blogger Preview recap on the way) and I was enjoying the company of some great artists.  There was just one person I hadn't seen yet and I anticipated connecting with her.  A gem we all know, Jennifer James.  Yes, the Makeup Artist, Educator and Brow Tech, Jennifer James!!!


Meeting Jennifer was a moment I will never forget.  I have followed her artistry and teachings for many years.  Just recently, I have come to grasp an understanding about artistry that has come from her.  She is one of the most captivating souls you will ever meet.  I stood there, hugging her, with tears in my eyes and thanking God for this connection.  


There was a level of validation that covered me.  It's like a music student who sings having his or her body of work critiqued and approved by graduates and teachers at Juilliard.  Or the little boy who's been playing basketball since he was 12 years old completing a training camp with Michael Jordan.  Yes, that is just what this moment was for me.  


Without the use of unnecessary words, I stood there engulfed in the presence of a woman who has worked in the industry for almost twenty years.  For some, it doesn't mean much.  For me, it means that I, the makeup artist from a small city where there is not a substantial market was in the right place, and most definitely at the right time.


My heart was happy.  I now understood why it is important to have a vision.  Why you must set goals for yourself.  Why working towards your goals is what keeps your vision and artistry alive.  The level of respect and esteem I hold for my leaders in the industry is from my heart.  


To Jennifer... I appreciate you.  I honor the sacrifices that you have made to share your passion with the world.  You're not haughty.  Yet you're confident.  You're not above offering advice. You have dedicated your life to serving and sharing your knowledge with those who are accepting of it.  I'm thankful for our connection.  Thank you for correcting me when I'm wrong.  Thank you for congratulating me when I'm right. Thank you for showing me a better way, a more excellent way.  You my dear, are a jewel and I thank you for my moment.  



3 comments:

Unknown said...

...humbled

Thank you so much my PRINCESS!

This is just too much. *tears*

I'm so blessed by you...

RevealingBeaute said...

...our most humbling moment is when we serve and celebrate others. I'm grateful that I recognize when it's time to celebrate...

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM said...

Amazing! I read this blog post at the exact moment I was viewing pictures of the both of you and Santara. Just kind souls! Thank you all for being true to you and sharing your gifts. We all luv the BOTH of you!