Stay connected!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review: CND Shellac Manicure



I'm sure you lovlies are no stranger to Shellac by now.  If you are, you won't be after this. I had heard about this new "manicure savior" for a while.  I actually moved into a semi-jealous state after watching two of my favorite gals Danielle and Felicia flaunt them on their blogs and twitter. Shellac’s claim to fame is that it will last a FULL 14 DAYS…offering great wear, shine and no damage!

Well I wanted to find out for myself. So after seeing a few NYFW blog reviews that debuted new looks with Shellac manicures, I went on over to CND, checking for salons in my city. Well, what’ a’ya know…I found 3 locations that offered it and immediately began placing calls. The first salon I called had no spots that day and I was trying to be cute for the weekend so I kept it moving. Low and behold, I spoke with the lovely ladies at Gentle Touch Massage and Salon and the wonderful, Preaw was available. What a happy girl I was!!!
Preaw began my Shellac mani with the normal process of cleaning and shaping my nails. She applied the base coat to my left and straight under the UV Lamp I went. Same steps for the right hand. Next was the color. I decided to go with Red Baroness (3rd from last in pic above). The range was of 12 colors from white to dark raisin. Preaw coated my nails twice with the color, allowing them to set under the lamp after each coat. Following the 2nd coat of polish, she applied the top coat. I placed my nails back under the light after the top coat. Now the last and final step that I had never seen before was the alcohol wipe. Preaw took an alcohol pad and wiped down each nail. I was a little curious because I didn’t remember reading this on the CND blog regarding to the process but as far as I could see, it did no harm. The whole process took only about 30 minutes.


So, as of today…Day 18 I’m still wearing my Shellac mani. I wanted to see just how long I could hold up and give you beauties the full scoop on this big phenomenon. (pictures below)


If you want beautiful nails with no drying time that will last and have a gorgeous finish, Shellac is definitely the manicure for you.


I paid $15 for my Shellac Mani at Gentle Touch. The other salons in my area had prices ranging from $18 - $35. I am definitely sold on this product.


CND has a full range of products for your hands and feet. Visit them to find a salon in your area and learn more about their products.





DAY 1 - 02.18.2011


DAY 11 - 02.28.2011

DAY 18 - 03.08.11
LEFT HAND
NAILS HAVE GROWN OUT
CUTICLE ARE IS EXPOSED AND ADD LENGTH


DAY 18 - 03.08.11
RIGHT HAND
NOTICE THE INDEX AND MIDDLE FINGER ARE A LITTLE MORE WORN
THAN THE OTHERS


I plan to actually continue wearing the maincure for a few more days. 
I'm testing it out to the end. 
Today, marks 4 days past the "14 day long wear"
and so I'm going to see just how long I can go. 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to get on the ball and get this done!! thanx for the review Frances!!

Leslie said...

this is so neat!

sparkschronicles said...

Have you tried Gelish? I want to know if one is truly better than the other. I'm loving the manicure! I tried Gelish and after a week it started peeling and I was not happy.

RevealingBeaute said...

Hey doll! No, I haven't tried Gelish. From what I've been told, if any preparation steps for both Gelish/Shellac are not followed properly you won't get a full wear of the manicure. My cousin has worn it and her Gelish mani always looks great.