Stay connected!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Milani LIP FLASH PENCILS

Hello Beauties!!!

So, I missed the rave on the release of Milani's LIP FLASH Full Coverage Lip Gloss Pencils. What I didn't miss was a chance to enter a Holiday Picks contest by Afrobella.  I entered the contest and initially didn't win, but some beautiful soul didn't follow up with her in a timely manner so guess who got an email from Patrice?.... ME!!! a bundle of joy I was *spins & faints*

I received the pencils on 01.13.11.  I immediately opened them and decided that "Photo Flash" would be my color of the day.  I was VERY PLEASED with the application and wear of it. If you follow me on Twitter, then you saw my twit-pic of my shiny red lips.

So here goes... I'm listing each pencil and my "first time initial opinion" of each. I basically applied each color over conditioned lips (shout out to C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine).



(left to right)

Star Flash (Milky Pink)
News Flash (Raisin)
Lip Flash (Bronze)
Flashy (Fuchsia Pink)
In A Flash (Magenta/Purple)
Photo Flash (Red)
Hot Flash (Sharp Red)
Flash Light (Orange/Coral)


Star Flash (Milky Pink)
Don't be fooled by this color... it doesn't look that great just looking at the pencil. I absolutely LOVE this color, but the texture doesn't apply that well.  This one was super soft and broke during the application. ( I simply placed the tip BACK on the pencil and put the top on it)





News Flash (Raisin)
I like the sparkle of this pencil.  The combination of shine & color was great. It has a bit of sparkly glitter, but you can't feel it. It's highly pigmented and gave great coverage.



Lip Flash (Bronze)
I was slightly disappointed with this pencil. The color is gorgeous but it's very sheer. Great combo of shine & sparkle but you have to apply it quite a bit to get good coverage.



Flashy (Fuchsia)
This one is a winner for me. Great color payoff and super pigmented.  Only a few swipes needed for great coverage. The texture is very soft and the shine is just right. If you love pink...you'll enjoy this pencil.



In A Flash (Magenta/Purple)
I love this color...I heart anything related to purple.  I was very disappointed with this one because the payoff wasn't what I expected.  It's very sheer and I would rec wearing this over a pencil in a relative color.  I had to apply quite a bit to get what you see in this picture.



Photo Flash (Red)
Honey chile....take my photo anytime with this color!!! I love love love it. This is and will be my go-to red.  The texture is fab, the glitter is just right and the payoff with this pencil is phenomenal.  It's the perfect red in my opinion. 




Hot Flash (Sharp Red)
This red is a bit deeper than Photo Flash.  There's not so much shine to this one, but it doesn't look dry.  The coverage was fab and it definitely laid on very smooth.



Flash Light (Orange/Coral)

I love the color, but wasn't pleased with the payoff.  I'm a fan or reds and oranges and would definitely wear the color. I had to apply it quite a few times to get the this look.  However, if you like light coverage, this would be your color.  Flash Light also broke during the application

 


This review gives my personal opinion about this product.  I received the Lip Flash Pencils via a contest from a holiday blog featured by Afrobella. No goods or services were given to me as compensation for my review.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

i sure do love these lip flash pencils. The color pay off is great and they wear really well. The only downside it what you stated, they are way too soft. potting them is an option but i dont know how they would hold w/o drying out

CocoagirlD said...

oh wow i must say that photo flash red looks awesome on you...well they all do but oh my thats your color honey..